Provincial Response Level: RESTRICTED
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Reaction
Community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring outside of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation. However, the virus is being transmitted at levels that public health and the health system can manage. The Chief Provincial Public Health Officer has set the response level to orange.
- Non-essential travel outside of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is strongly discouraged;
- Mask use is mandatory in indoor public places.
- A maximum of 10 patrons at a time will be allowed into the Dakota Valley Gas Mart (Petro) until further notice;
- The Central Finance Office will remain closed to the public.
- The Veteran’s Hall will be closed;
- Gaming will be open to on-reserve community members only;
- Limit private and public group gathering sizes to a maximum of five people in addition to a household. For certainty, this provision applies to ceremonies such as weddings and funerals, social events like banquets and receptions as well as informal gatherings.
- Stay home when sick.
- Practice social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing and cough etiquette.
- Individuals identified as having COVID-19 or a close contact of someone with COVID-19 must immediately enter mandatory isolation/self-isolation (quarantine) until public health officials advise they can end isolation/self-isolation (quarantine).
- Vulnerable people, such as Elders, are encouraged to exercise additional caution.