POSITION SUMMARY:The Health Care Aide provides direct client care and environmental support within established standards of care, policies and procedures. The Health Care Aide functions in meeting the special and changing needs of clients and assisting them in reaching and maintaining optimum health and independence within the limits of their abilities under the direction of the team leader.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living, striving to maintain self-respect, dignity, and independence of clients by encouraging and allowing clients to care for themselves within the limits of their abilities as described in the client’s record.
- Communicate client changes to the team leader
- Document care according to policy
- Participate in client care conferences (as required) and in the development of individual care plans.
- Provide or assist the client with Personal Hygiene as per care plan
- Provide or assist the client with elimination as per care plan
- Provide or assist the client with mobility as per care plan
- Provide or assist the client with observation and measurements as per care plan
- Provide or assist with necessary safety measures
- Provide or assist the client with validation and orientation techniques and, provide privacy and maintainindividual identity, confidentiality regarding client’s condition and family affairs.
- Provide or assist in admissions, transfer and discharge of client
- Maintain a clean environment
- Maintain a safe environment by appropriately distributing/storing equipment.
- Order and stock unit supplies (i.e. linen and food).
- Encourage and assist client’s participation with activity program. Organize and facilitate leisure activities forindividuals and/or groups on evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized program
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrate communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgement
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY JULY 23, 2021
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUMES TO:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131