POSITION SUMMARY:The Licensed Practical Nurse operates within the CLPNM standards to provide assessments, plans implementations and evaluations in carrying out resident care. The incumbent works collaboratively and under the direction of registered staff in the provision of resident care and provides recommendations and directions to health care aides. The LPN will be required to fulfill Charge Nurse duties in the absence of a Registered staff.
(The following responsibilities are representative but not necessarily all inclusive)
- Uses knowledge of nursing practice and related sciences to perform nursing skills and interventions in accordance with professional standards.
- Uses communication skills to establish and promote a therapeutic relationship, teaches appropriate health care and promotes maximum health with the resident and family.
- Includes the resident and family in the assessment, prioritization, planning and evaluation of resident care.
- Acts as an advocate for residents and families when necessary.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, effectively develops and implements individualized plans of care which build on resident strengths and promote maximum independence.
- Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Responds in a safe and therapeutic manner to medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Maintains an awareness of resident care provided in accordance with the Continuous Quality Improvement philosophy.
- Analyzes and evaluates resident care provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Report to registered staff in charge.
- Maintains Resident health records in accordance with Dakota Oyate Lodge guidelines and professional standards.
- Maintains current, comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and nursing practice.
- Nursing duties as required.
- Active practicing membership in the College of Licenses Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) or eligible for.
- Current BCLS within the past 12 months of BCLS Instructor Certificate.
- Evidence of active participation in professional associations and community activity.
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong organizational, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUMES TO:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131