Position Summary: The Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Community Gardener is responsible for preparing and maintaining the community gardens and greenhouse. The Gardener will work with the Community Garden Coordinator and Climate Change Coordinator to organize two workshops and some plant and medicine picking trips. This is a term position for the gardening season.
- Properly maintain the gardens;
- Help prepare new gardens and build gardening beds;
- Provide proper plant care (watering, weeding and pest control)
- Assist with organizing and facilitate at least two workshops; and,
- Assist with organizing plant and medicine picking trips.
This position is part of the project, Tokatakiya Wiċozani Unkiċikaġapte (“We Will Make Our Future a Healthier One”) funded by the Climate Change and Health Adaptation Program through First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB).
- Gardening experience and knowledge;
- Must be reliable to maintain gardens and plants for the season;
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs;
- Willingness to teach others about garden care; and,
- Must have own transportation to and from community gardens.
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
Human Resources Assistant
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
PO Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0