Employment Opportunity Sioux Valley Health Centre
Mental Health Worker – 1 Full Time Position
The Mental Health Worker will be under the Supervision of the Sioux Valley Health Centre Health Director. Will be responsible for enhancing Mental Health and Wellness with the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation. The successful applicant will work as part of a team to build capacity within Sioux Valley Dakota Nation while contributing to the quality of life for our children and their families. Will provide holistic services that meets the needs of our Dakota families.
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary education in Health-Related Social Sciences (e.g. BSW, BScMH. BScPN, BN, RPN). Other relevant educational qualifications and experience may be considered.
- Active license and registration to practice as required by professional association and provincial legislation.
- Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Mental Health Service.
- Advanced mental health psychosocial assessment skills and knowledge of appropriate evidence informed therapeutic counseling models, approaches and interventions.
- Advanced knowledge of human developmental theory and mental health concerns typically identified for various populations across the age spectrum including signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Knowledge of recovery principles in the treatment of mental illness.
- Knowledge and understanding of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Knowledge of commonly prescribed psychotropic medications for mental disorders across the age spectrum.
- Knowledge of mental health self-help and client and family engagement in mental health treatment.
- Minimum of 2 years supervised counselling experience.
- Experience in completing psychosocial assessments and mental health services for adults, children and adolescents.
- Experience in completing psychosocial assessments and mental status examinations.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to complete psychosocial assessment, including mental status examination, preparing diagnostic impressions, and identifying crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and across service sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums.
- Good work and attendance record.
- Knowledge of the Dakota culture and customs to be considered an asset. SALARY BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE APPLICATIONS DEADLINE – FRIDAY OCTOBER 30, 2020 12:00PM SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38, GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0 PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131 firstname.lastname@example.org