CHILD’S FIRST INITIATIVE
2 CULTURAL WORKERS – 1 MALE, 1 FEMALE
2 – PART TIME POSITIONS
The Cultural Workers will facilitate and implement the Land Based Healing Model. The goals of this newly funded program are to help clients to achieve wellness, and to lead healthier lifestyles that are rich in Dakota Cultural Activities and Teachings, and Dakota Language Revitalization.
Under the Direction and Supervision of the Case Manager, the cultural workers will strive to:
increase and maintain program activities to include land based healing methods to clients as
well as offer cultural activities, increase traditional knowledge of Dakota medicines, foods, and
identifying with a traditional Dakota lifestyle for the clients, their family units, and community.
The goal is to share learning among the Elders, Staff, Clients and their families; Share promising practices in a curriculum, which includes Prevention, Intervention, Postvention-after care for clients and their families with a focus on Dakota Cultural Activities, and Traditional Dakota Knowledge; Develop a strong network which supports the fulfillment of healthy living and resiliency for clients and their families.
Deliver Traditional Dakota Teachings, Land Based Activities, Life Skills/Modern Teachings,
Traditional Dakota Parenting, Traditional Dakota Crafts, Language Camps, Kahomni/Powwow
- Minimum 2 years of Work Experience
- CPR/1st Aid Certification
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of Dakota Language and Culture; working knowledge or Land Based Models
- Highly Motivated individual who is innovative, self-starter and has a proven ability to
- work with a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- To work as an effective member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Flexibility – able to work evenings and weekends
- Networking at the community level is essential
- Must include a recent Criminal Record Check-Vulnerable Sector and a Child Abuse
- Registry Check with Resume
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 31, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
Submit Cover letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131