POSITION SUMMARY: Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities for people wanting to assist with the security of our community. We are striving to employ positive role models for our community who meet the following criteria.
Security Officers play a vital role in ensuring the safety and security of our community. As part of their assignment they are expected to patrol and inspect property, prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, criminal activity, and any other treats to the safety and security of our community.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Possess flexibility to accept short notice call-in shifts
- Willing to work a variety of shifts including, morning, evening and overnights
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work within a team environment or independently
- Physically able to sit, stand or patrol for varying periods of time under less than ideal conditions
- Ability to deal with confrontations and stressful situations in a calm and diplomatic manner
- Ability to take notes and complete shift reports
- Ability to follow specific site orders
- Ability to speak clearly and be understood
- Ability to community clearly via radio and telephone
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Previous training an asset
- Minimum High School education/equivalency
- Willingness to complete mandatory 40-hour Manitoba Security Guard Training Program Certificate
- Applicants must obtain a valid Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check to possess a Manitoba Security Guard License.
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0