Early Childhood Assistants – (4) Full-Time/ Casuals
POSITION SUMMARY: Reports directly to the Director, the ECA shares responsibility for all aspects of the classroom and is expected to meet the educational requirements of the preschool program, in order to ensure that our Oyate Chistinapida Daycare objectives are being met.
- Adhering to applicable Day Care Policy & Procedures
- Adhere to confidentiality agreement with regards to all information obtained at the Day Care Centre.
- Provide support to child and parent/caregiver upon arrival
- Provide supervision and care of children attending the Day Care Centre (develop and implement daily activities, stories, songs, play, music, physical fitness, and outings)
- Maintain daily attendance reports
- Maintain daily written reports on children including special need requirements (signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems), incident reports, participation, and progress reports (advising parents/Program Manager of any problems)
- Follow Health & Safety Regulations and procedures for all activities, ie. Monthly fire drills, attendance at activities away from the Day Care Centre
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment and supplies are sorted and put away at the end of each day.
- Respond to parent/guardian’s questions about their child’s development
- Model appropriate techniques and explain to parent/caregivers when necessary
- Ensure procedure for care of toddlers is strictly followed (ie. Regular pamper check and change)
- Prepare purchase order requests for program materials/supplies to the Program Director
- Assist the Program Manager/Supervisor with administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate or equivalent Certificate/Diploma (or in the process of obtaining)
- Experience in children’s programming or services, as will as working with children 0-5 years & families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide a Clear Criminal Record & Clear Child Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid and Infant CPR Certification and Food Handler’s Certificate
- Computer skills required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 23, 2021 4:00 PM
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131