POSITION SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Director, Environmental Services or the Environmental Services Lead, the Environmental Services Aide is responsible for performing the following activities according to related policies and procedures and any Sioux Valley Dakota Nation regulations and legislation: assists in all aspects of laundry and housekeeping services in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines; prioritizes and completes all duties, inspections, and inventory responsibilities within established timeframes and schedules; performs all duties in a manner that enhances Resident and workplace safety.
- Assist in the training and/or orientation of Enviromental Services staff and students.
- Assumes responsibility for following departmental procedures to ensure consistency and quality of serviceis maintained throughout the Environmental Services Departments
- Cleans assigned areas in accordance with current established cleaning schedules and infection control guidelines.
- Prioritizes and completes extra cleaning duties within established timeframes and in accordance with current cleaning schedule.
- Conducts daily tours of areas of responsibility prior to end of shift, inspecting each area for cleanliness.
- Ensures all equipment is clean and operating efficiently.
- Performs duties of washing, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, polishing, and dusting using appropriate equipment and products.
- Cleans bed frames and mattresses as scheduled and required.
- Collects waste and washes waste receptacles.
- Clean and maintain housekeeping carts including restocking.
- Performs duties of collecting, sorting, washing, drying, folding, and transporting linen and clothing.
- Cleans and processes laundry and linen in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines.
- May be required to make minor repairs to laundry and linen as required.
- Distributes laundry and linen as appropriate.
- Restocks supplies in all areas, as assigned and required.
- Assists with inventory procedures.
- Assists/participates in department quality control audits and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 (Manitoba Standards)
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated dexterity, and efficient work methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well asInternet applications and other Information Technology
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
If you are currently employed by SVDN, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by SVDN, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544 firstname.lastname@example.org