POSITION SUMMARY: The Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is seeking a Network Manager who will maintain all networks for all SVDN departments. They will assist all departments with all necessary needs pertaining to technical issues and setup.
- Design, configure, support, document, maintain and upgrade networks, knowing the requirements of the organization.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
- Design specifications for establishing security in the networks and protecting vulnerable databases.
- Install and integrate new hardware and applications.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Manage user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Coordinate with the hardware and software vendors, negotiate and place necessary orders.
- Plan the budget for the network, recommend proper software and hardware for network.
- Other duties as required
- Sound knowledge of software and hardware used in network systems and well- acquainted with advanced technologies
- Ability to use the available resources wisely and establish efficient network systems
- Regularly update knowledge about the new and advanced technologies available in the market and use these technologies in the designs
- Should have managerial skills and be a good team member
- Expertise in identifying problems in existing systems and upgrade them with the new and more efficient ones
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology/Network Administration Technology or Degree in Computer Science
- 2 years in networking and hardware experience required
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY JANUARY 3, 2020 12:00 PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: ATTN: JODY BONE
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131