SVDN Dakota Iapi Before & After School Program 2022-2023
Our goal for the SVDN Before & After School Program is to provide an active, healthy, fun, nurturing, and caring environment for our school age children in Sioux Valley. Our goal is to make the program fun and interactive while introducing Dakota Language.
What can my child expect from the program?:
- Lots of physical activity, games, and outdoor play to help them wind down after school.
- Spending time and having fun with other children, including those they may know during the school day.
- Planned activities driven by their interests to allow them to explore arts and crafts, science, math, reading, Dakota, and more.
- Dakota review basics with students: numbers, colours, animals, days of the week, calendar, etc.
- Moving into simple greetings, commands, and questions.
- Life teachings – from elders (storytelling, circle of life, roles, and history)
- Must be 5 – 11 years of age
- Parents must be working to utilize this program
- Parents are responsible for drop-offs and pick-ups
- Students must be registered in Sioux Valley Schools
- There will be a small fee TBA
- Times of Operation:
- Monday to Friday
- (This will exclude all holidays and run simultaneously with the school year)
- 7:15 – 8:30 AM
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Tentative start date: September 26, 2022