Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Director, the Early Years Support worker will share responsibilities with other Early Years Teachers for all aspects of the classroom, development and creation of Individual Development Plans for children with additional support needs.
* Share and participate in the responsibility for planning, preparing, and implementing
stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and
learning; promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical
* Develop, complete, and monitor Individual Development plans for children with
additional support needs and submit Individual Development Plans to Director for
* Work collaboratively with any of the team members (Director, Early Years
Teachers, Parents and Jordan’s Principle – Therapist Team, Health Director, SVDN
School – Head Start) to support integrated Individual Development Plans and goals
for the family;
* Provide supervision to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children;
* Recognize and respond to the needs of each child including feeding, changing,
* Present updates and Individual Development Plans to JP Therapists at team
* Complete accurate documentation including daily log, progress notes on individual
children, including observations and information about activities, reports, incident
reports, serious occurrences and record any important stats;
* Ensure that all information about children, family etc. is strictly confidential; and
that activity records and statistics are stored in a secure location;
* Model appropriate and positive behaviours and attitudes for the child and families;
* Communicate effectively with families and team members;
* Share responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assist with
toy/equipment disinfecting, maintaining the play environments and storage areas in
an organized and clutter-free condition;
* Perform other position related duties as required;
* College or University Certification in Early Childhood Level 11 or 111;
* Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level C Certification;
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products i.e., Word, Excel, etc;
* Strong oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills;
* 2 years experience in working with children with additional support needs;
* Willingness to learn and continuously develop in field of work.
* Class 4 Driver’s License or willingness to obtain.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.