The Education Assistant, under the direction of the principal, will primarily be responsible to address the teachers needs attaining to student questions. They will also focus on areas of greatest difficulty or challenge, as well as assisting with any other needs the teacher may need help with.
• Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
• Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning
and retention concepts under the supervision of classroom teacher
• Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums,
laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
• Other duties as assigned
• Grade 12 Diploma, Mature Grade 12 High School Diploma, or G.E.D.
• Post-secondary training considered an asset
• Indigenous ancestry considered an asset
• Successful completion of Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search & Child
Abuse Registry Check, or proof of submission
Competition Number: 202218
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 22, 2022.
Submit Cover letter and Resume indicating Competition Number:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For the job
description, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.