POSITION SUMMARY: The School Liaison will act as an intermediary between schools, parents, and students. He/she will also help new students adjust and assist students with special needs. The main goal of the Liaison is to make sure the student succeeds.
• Communicate important information to students, parents, and school staff
• Set up home visits and office meetings with parents
• Check in with teachers on student performance
• Organize community events that benefit families
• Refer students and families to special services
• Manage programs such as parenting classes
• Preserve the Dakota Traditional Values
• Inquire about absenteeism via all forms of communication, including home visits
• Grade 12 Diploma, Mature Grade 12 Diploma, or G.E.D.
• Relevant Post-Secondary education an asset
• Experience with youth, teaching, community organizations or social services an
• Fluently Dakota speaking will be given preference
Competition Number: 202221
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 25, 2022
Submit Cover letter and Resume indicating Competition Number:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.