Position Summary: Responsible for the performance of recording, verifying, coding and processing the Accounts Payable for Sioux Valley Dakota Nation and the Sioux Valley Gaming Centre, Dakota Diner and Dakota Quick Stop.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing statements to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice and expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by way of cheque or EFT processing.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding invoices.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain and reconcile the Accounts Payables subledger and control accounts monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Business Skills Certificate
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules and practices.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of Accpac, Excel and Word required.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking and analysis.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic, confident and consistent.
- Valid Drivers License and access to a vehicle an asset.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2021
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131