Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is looking for the following for a contract term (March 3 – April 30, 2021)-2 Process Officers
The SVDN Process Officers will work with SVDN membership to enact the following laws:
1. Amendments to the “Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Election Law #2015.11.27-01”; and
2. Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Citizenship Law.
SVDN Process Officers will provide the SVDN Membership with the Amended “Sioux Valley Election Law #2015-11.27-01” and the proposed “Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Citizenship Law” at Engagement Sessions and administer a vote of the membership in April 2021.
Interested applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Be a registered member of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation;
- Be eighteen years of age or over;
- Have knowledge of the families of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation on and off reserve;
- Be neither the elected Chief or Councillor of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation;
- Be an individual who has Ratification, referenda or elections experience and expertise;
- Have supervision and administrative experience;
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Have effective interpersonal skills, team leadership experience and ability;
- Must provide mail-out ballots to SVDN Citizens residing off SVDN lands;
- Excellent time management and maintain projected timeline of activities; and
- Prepare a final report outlining all of the activities of the community approval process for the passing of the:
1. Amendments to the “Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Election Law 2015.11.27-01”; and
2. “Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Citizenship Law”.
Interested applicants shall submit a “Letter of Intent” and “Resume” demonstrating all criteria has been met to the:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Governance Office
P.O Box 38
Griswold, MB. R0M0S0
email@example.com or fax at 204-855-2131
Successful applicants will be subject to a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Clear Child Abuse Registry Check, can be expected to sign an Oath of Confidentiality, and abide by the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Human Resources Policy Manual.
A “Contract for Services” will be signed upon agreement for the terms and conditions for the successful applicants. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS March 1, 2021