Position Summary: The Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Community Garden Coordinator is responsible for preparing and maintaining the community gardens and greenhouse. The Community Garden Coordinator will also work with the Climate Change Coordinator to organize two workshops and some plant and medicine picking trips. This is a term position for the gardening season.
- Budget for supplies and equipment purchases;
- Properly maintain gardens (knowing planting and harvesting times, watering needs, weeding and pest control);
- Organize and facilitate at least two workshops;
- Organize plant and medicine picking trips;
- Conduct research to increase food security in SVDN; and,
- Provide regular project updates for reporting purposes.
This position is part of the project, Tokatakiya Wiċozani Unkiċikaġapte (“We Will Make Our Future a Healthier One”) funded by the Climate Change and Health Adaptation Program through First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB).
- Some gardening experience and knowledge;
- Must be reliable to maintain gardens and plants for the season;
- Research and writing skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to budget and record accurate expenses; and,
- Must have own transportation to and from community gardens.
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
Human Resources Assistant
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
PO Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0