Position Summary: The Community Health Nurse is responsible for the delivery of public and community health services for the Sioux Valley Health Centre. The Community Health Nurse will work in cooperation with the Director of Health Services and the Nurse in Charge in implementation of public and community health programs.
- Assess patient medical needs and perform minor treatment
- Ensure all mandatory health programs are delivered to the community according to established procedures, guidelines, and applicable legislation
- Assist in planning approaches to community health program delivery
- Conduct school/home visits as required
- Attend health related meetings as required
- Provide home and community care nursing coverage
- Other duties as assigned
Complete terms of reference available at the SVDN Health Centre or upon request
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse and in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Registered Nurse with minimum three years of Community Health experience. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and Provincial Health Systems
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Clear Vulnerable Sector Search, Clear Child Abuse Registry Check, and Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Proficient computer skills required, working knowledge of MS Office software, etc.
- Valid Drivers License & access to a vehicle required
- Knowledge of First Nation cultural customs, values, and traditions
- Ability to understand the Dakota language would be an asset
Application deadline: March 26, 2021
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Director
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Thank you to all those who apply but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.