We are seeking to hire a 3-month term Field Operations Technician. In this role, you will be responsible for the hands-on day-to-day integration, repair and maintenance of the fixed wireless network. You are a self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a greater team. Excellent organizational and communication skills are necessary. You will be required to support network build, repair & maintenance activities, audit customer installations, as well as handle, escalated support requests. This role requires basic knowledge of IP Networking and basic knowledge of fixed wireless network deployments. This position reports to the IT Manager and will involve both on-call support and off-hours maintenance work. Individual must be willing to adapt to a flexible work schedule as well as some overtime.
Key responsibilities include:
• Fixed Wireless Construction related activities
• Network maintenance and optimization activities, as well as handling support requests
• Customer Installation Audits and installer training
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Some knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, routers, switches, DHCP
• Valid Driver’s License
• Strong problem solving, organizational, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and interact with groups throughout the organization.
• Capable of working on a variety of projects and coordinating multiple priorities.
• Aptitude in IP networking which includes IP addressing and basic routing.
• Experience with identifying all major types of video, RF, Fiber and power connectors.
• Strong Troubleshooting skills
• Strong Organizational and time/task management skills
• Experience with fixed wireless deployments.
• Basic understanding of fixed wireless network architecture and infrastructure.
• The ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions and to lift, carry, bend, reach, drive and climb ladders. Estimated carrying weight of 80 lbs.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2020
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Thank you to all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted