Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief and Council, the Director of Operations is directly responsible for leading and managing the operations and delivery of programs and services for Sioux Valley Dakota Nation (SVDN). Administering and supervising SVDN services and programs, providing advice and recommendations to Chief and Council; and supervising and providing direction and support to subordinate Program Managers and the Director of Finance. The Director of Operations is responsible for achieving the administrative and operational goals, objectives, and strategic priorities of Chief and Council in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
Leads and manages the operations and delivery of programs and services (finance, administration, information technology/systems) for SVDN members and employees by:
- Reporting to and liaises closely with the Chief and Council on matters pertaining to SVDN administration, finance, operations, and the delivery of SVDN programs and services.
- Overseeing administrative services, operations, and delivery of SVDN programs and services and performing quality assurance reviews to identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- Supervising and providing direction and support to all SVDN Program Managers and Financial Director.
- Ensuring that the strategic priorities and decisions of SVDN Government are incorporated into Department strategic plans and annual work-plans and are effectively implemented and successfully managed.
- Serving as chair of the Senior Management Team and schedules regular and special meetings to; enhance teamwork unity; review strategic priorities; receiving progress updates on Department programs and services; identifying and addressing organizational and community issues and concerns; and providing direction and expectations to Program Managers and the Finance Director.
- Serving on the Financial Management Committee, leads in the annual budget cycle and ensures that annual Department budgets are effectively planned, developed, managed, and accurately reported on in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Director of Governance and relevant Departments, overseeing the development of SVDN legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures in the Operations Department.
- Ensuring that Personnel Policies and Procedures and Safety (OH&S) Policies and Procedures are developed, implemented, and enforced.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Director on serious personnel complaints / issues, organizational capacity development and organizational design / structure.
- Representing SVDN during liaisons with other First Nations / Organizations, Federal and Government Departments / Officials, NGO’s and Agencies, Boards and Committees and the private / corporate sectors.
- Performs other related duties as required and outlined in complete Job Description.
- Related University degree in business administration, social services, or other relevant degree. Equivalent employment experience may be considered
- Five or more years of demonstrated senior executive leadership experience required
- Strong problem-solving, delegation, coaching, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to plan, organize, and execute effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in proposal writing, grant applications, or funding requests
- Experience managing facility plans, contracts, and leases
- Knowledge of/experience in Indigenous organizations is a requirement
- Ability to provide as a condition of employment, a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Clear Child Abuse Registry Check
Please submit Resume and Cover letter along with salary expectation and three supervisory references by Friday February 19, 2021 to:
Human Resources Director
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted