SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA OYATE GOVERNMENT
FINANCE CLERK POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the performance of a variety of financial duties from calculations to front desk customer service. These positions will work under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Posting day’s receipts, filing & tallying deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering verifying and reconciling transactions, such as accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist in payroll functions as required, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and bank statements.
- Compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets.
- Performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting required
- Minimum (2) years working experience in accounting required. (this is a must)
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic, self starter, confident, consistent, decisive personality.
- Valid Drivers License/Access to a vehicle
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY December 17, 2021 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131