POSITION SUMMARY: This position requires an individual with extensive knowledge and aptitude in the ACCPAC Accounting System. The successful applicant will work both on and off-reserve housing finances.
- Accounts Receivables, invoicing and receipting
- Accounts Payables, invoicing and payments
- Purchase Orders, invoicing and receipting
- Bank Reconciliations, both on and off-reserve housing bank accounts
- Ability to interpret financial statements
- To work closely with housing personnel and housing committee
- Work closely with outside Auditor to produce year-end financial statements
- Create budgets for all Housing Projects and annual housing program operations
- To produce project variance reports for budgets versus actual costs
- Present reports on rental arrears and vacancies
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration
- Minimum (2) year working experience in full-cycle accounting required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Proficient in the ACCPAC Accounting system
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic, self starter, confident, consistent, decisive personality.
- Valid Drivers License/Access to a vehicle
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: EXTENDED TO FRIDAY OCTOBER 16, 2020 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
ATTN: JODY BONE
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544