The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government has created a Justice Programs Coordinator to oversee all areas of Justice for the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation. The Justice Programs Coordinator will report directly to the Self Government Coordinator in conjunction with Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Chief and Council.
The Justice Programs Coordinator will be responsible for managing the following areas:
- RCMP Liaison: The Justice Programs Coordinator will work in conjunction with the RCMP and assist them with information from Sioux Valley Dakota Nation as needed to ensure the safety of the people. The coordinator will be responsible for tracking and the upkeep of information on cases from Sioux Valley Dakota Nation that have been instructed to so by their supervisors.
- Bylaws Enforcement: The Coordinator will have the responsibility of enforcing all bylaws set out by Sioux Valley Dakota Nation. This will include implanting, revising, and pursuing any necessary changes to enforce the bylaws.
- Court System Development/Elders Council Coordination: The Justice Programs Coordinator will be responsible for attending the Sioux Valley Dakota Nations Court and creating an elder’s council to be utilized in this area.
- Probation Services Liaison: The Coordinator will work the Probation Services in Sioux Valley Dakota Nation and assist them with information required.
- Liaison with Corrections: The Coordinator will be the main contact person upon any release of a Sioux Valley Dakota Nation member and assist in the release plans as set forth by the releasee.
- Security Program: The Justice Coordinator shall oversee the SVDN Security program in all areas and seek funding opportunities for the program.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must have experience in law enforcement
- Knowledge of office equipment and computers
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL OCTOBER 2, 2020
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131