Position Summary: The Instructor shall provide instruction to the Mature Grade 12 students. The Instructor shall report directly to the Director of Yellowquill College & Program Manager SVDN Employment & Training. The Instructor shall perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the delivery of all classes.
- Provide direct instruction in all assigned classes and supervise and provide instructional assistance for courses as assigned.
- Prepare curriculum in accordance with adult principles and college standards and in accordance with provincial standards.
- Assist in planning of instructional timetables in conjunction with the Mature 12 Program Coordinator.
- Register students.
- Provide academic and career counselling to students as required.
- Complete student progress for each student file at the end of each term.
- Develop course descriptions for each course taught which includes general and specific objectives, course topics, goal, rationale, evaluation methods, texts, references and methods of delivery.
- Submit attendance reports, mid-term and final marks, and other reports as required, example: incident and progress reports.
- Recommend texts, resource, reference materials and supplies as required.
- Maintain an inventory of all instructional materials and equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Education Degree and Manitoba Professional Teacher Certificate.
- Previous teaching experience and working with Indigenous adults preferred.
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Applicants can apply with a letter of application, resume and three references. Submit to:
Post-Secondary Education/Employment & Training
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Man. R0M 0S0
Fax: 204-855-2436 or email: email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday, July 5, 2021
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.