POSITION SUMMARY: The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the secretarial/reception needs of the Dakota Tiwahe Services are met effectively and efficiently. Responsible to the Administrative Assistant.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, greet clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Will respond appropriately to hostile client ensuring the situation does not escalate.
- Ensures all incoming and outgoing mail is reviewed and distributed to appropriate personnel.
- Take messages accurately and ensures they are relayed to the appropriate person at the first opportunity.
- As requested, schedules/coordinates meetings arrangements ensuring that appropriate space is booked
- Records all outgoing mail
- Maintains an organized, clean and welcoming reception environment
- In conjunction with the Team Lead and Executive Admin Assistant coordinate weekly, monthly, and yearly activity schedule for DTS
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent education, office administration/secretarial experience
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player, friendly and courteous
- Promotes a positive image of the agency
- Awareness of the Dakota language, practices, and culture
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to provide a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Clear Vulnerable Sector Search, Clear Child Abuse Registry Check and Clear Adult Abuse Registry Check
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday August 4, 2021
Submit Cover Letter and Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. BOX 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted