Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is committed to offering employment and career development opportunities for people who have a desire to assist with the security of our community.
Security guards play a vital role in ensuring the safety and security of our community. Duties include; patrolling and inspecting property, responding to fire, theft, vandalism, criminal activity, and any other threats to the safety and security of our community.
Our goal is to employ positive role models for our community who meet the following criteria.
- Availability and flexibility to accept short notice call-in shifts
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Team player who is able to work independently and take direction
- Capability to sit, stand or patrol for long periods of time in less than ideal conditions
- Ability to deal with confrontation and stressful situations in a calm and diplomatic manner
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills required to take notes and complete shift reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum age of 18
- First Aid
- Valid Manitoba drivers license preferred but not required
- Able to work evenings and overnights (8-hour shifts)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Clear Child Abuse Registry Check
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until positions are filled
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org