MENTAL HEALTH WORKER – HEALTH SERVICES
FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mental Health Worker will be under the Supervision of the Case Manager of Jordan’s Principle Sioux Valley Dakota Nation. Will be responsible for enhancing Mental Health and Wellness with the Jordan’s Principle Programs clients and families. The successful applicant will work as part of a team to build capacity within Sioux Valley Dakota Nation while contributing to the quality of life for our children and their families. The Mental Health Worker will provide holistic services that meets the needs of our Dakota families.
- Advanced mental health psychosocial assessment skills and knowledge of appropriate evidence informed therapeutic counseling models, approaches and interventions
- Advanced knowledge of human developmental theory and mental health concerns typically identified for various populations across the age spectrum including signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Knowledge of recovery principles in the treatment of mental illness
- Knowledge and understanding of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of commonly prescribed psychotropic medications for mental disorders across the age spectrum
- Knowledge of mental health self-help and client and family engagement in mental health treatment
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary education in Health Related Social Sciences (e.g. BSW, BScMH. BScPN, BN, RPN). Other relevant educational qualifications and experience may be considered
- Active license and registration to practice as required by professional association and provincial legislation
- Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) will be considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years supervised counselling experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Mental Health Service
- Knowledge of the Dakota culture and customs to be considered an asset
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 31, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
Submit Cover letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.