SIOUX VALLEY HEALTH CENTRE
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE CHILD FIRST INITIATIVE
WELLNESS WORKER/CASE COORDINATOR
The Jordan’s Principle Wellness Worker/Case Coordinator will work collaboratively to engage children, youth and families; provide Jordan’s Principle programming to assist families, youth and the community. The Jordan’s Principle Wellness Worker/Case Coordinator functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team member under the direction of the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager.
- Develop, implement and evaluate case management policies and procedures
- Analyze, monitor and evaluate programs and activities, while working collaboratively with other organizations
- Develop program and activity proposals
- Work with families and youth to develop wellness plans
- Develop and deliver a variety of community workshops and presentations
- Degree in Counselling, Social Work or three years experience in mental health, addictions or related field
- Considerable recent experience in a community-based mental health and addictions with a youth focus
- Considerable recent experience providing support to youth in the areas of trauma, violence, abuse, addictions and residential school, direct and intergenerational effects
- Experience in providing services to individuals in conflict with the law an asset
- Experience providing Dakota traditional land-based recreation and programming
- Experience working a case management model of care
- Knowledge of and experience working successfully in a First Nation community an asset
- Knowledge of aboriginal peoples history with formal justice, residential and child welfare systems and familiarity with First Nations history, culture, goals and aspirations is required for success in this position
- Supervisory skills will be an asset
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Valid Manitoba driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check
- Knowledge of the Dakota traditions, customs and language will be an asset.
SALARY BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 31, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
Submit Cover letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: 204-855-2760 Fax: 204-855-2131
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.