POSITION SUMMARY: The Finance Director is responsible for the financial management of the Dakota Tiwahe Services (DTS), Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government. The Finance Director will report
primarily to the Executive Director and soon to be established Board of Directors. The Finance Director will work to provide and ensure efficient operations to maintaining a balanced budget and unqualified annual audits.
- Reporting primarily to the Executive Director and as required to the DTS Board of Directors and Sioux Valley Dakota Nation (SVDN) Chief and Council Portfolio Holders.
- Working with the SVDN Finance Office, and with other professional advisors and auditors that are designated and authorized in writing by the SVDN Chief and Council.
- Assisting Dakota Tiwahe towards becoming self-supporting in the Financial Dept., and in training future staff on their duties according to program requirements, budgets, financial statements, bank reconciliations, monthly financial updates to the Executive Director and quarterly to funding agencies
- Ensuring the proper financial management of Dakota Tiwahe Service’s activities is being recorded on a daily basis including all financial transactions and completing month-end reconciliations of various accounts.
- Preparing regular periodic quarterly reports of the financial status of Dakota Tiwahe Services to the Executive Director and as required to the soon to be established Board of Directors and SVDN Chief and Council with Portfolio Holders.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements including actual and budgeted revenues/expenditures along with budget variances.
- Reviewing monthly financial statements with the Executive Director, providing recommendations as required.
- Ensuring that the terms of all Financial Agreements with ISC, the Province of Manitoba and other funders are adhered to.
- Establishing appropriate expenditure monitoring processes for Dakota Tiwahe Services, and ensuring timely submission of accounts receivable invoices to ISC and the Province of Manitoba.
- Ensuring training is provided for DTS financial staff to understand and undertake their responsibilities for timely and accurate recording, reconciliation, and reporting of all DTS financial transactions leading to the preparation of monthly financial reports to the Executive Director.
- Must adhere to all Personnel Policies, and Financial Management Policies/Laws.
- Must recognize that materials and information made available in the performance of duties shall be of a confidential nature and that is the sole and exclusive property of DTS, and shall exercise utmost diligence to protect and maintain the confidentiality of the Confidential Information.
- Business Administration Diploma/Degree with specialization in Accounting
- Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (AFOA) will be considered
- Minimum 5 years in a Senior Management position
- Must be knowledgeable of ISC reporting and Provincial funding arrangements
- Clear Criminal Record (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with application).
- Knowledge of community cultural customs, traditions and language would be an asset
- Computer Skill required; working knowledge of MS Office software/ACCPAC Accounting Software
- Valid Drivers License & access to a vehicle
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY OCTOBER 23, 2020 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131