POSITION SUMMARY: For all Sioux Valley Dakota Nation departments, the DakotaNet Manager will maintain all networks and assist with all necessary needs pertaining to technical issues and setup. They will manage the network and server infrastructure of our organization as well as being responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities and also help determine the IT needs within our departments.
- Design, configure, support, document, maintain and upgrade networks, knowing the requirements of the organization.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
- Design specifications for establishing security in the networks and protecting vulnerable databases.
- Install and integrate new hardware and applications.
- Strive to have our IT team deliver the highest level of customer support possible in all interactions, including all communication with external staff and partners
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Lead the IT team, ensuring that everyone understands the team’s objectives, priorities, and successes
- Manage user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Regularly update knowledge about the new and advanced technologies available in the market and use these technologies in the designs
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Coordinate with the hardware and software vendors, negotiate and place necessary orders.
- Plan the budget for network, recommend proper software and hardware for network.
- Other duties as required
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology/Network Administration Technology or Degree in Computer Science
- 2 years in networking and hardware experience required
- Knowledge of software and hardware used in network systems and well- acquainted with advanced technologies
- Ability to use the available resources wisely and establish efficient network systems
- Experience in management a requirement
- Great organizational and verbal communications skills
- Expertise in identifying problems in existing systems and upgrade them with the new and more efficient ones
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday August 17 2021 at 4:00 pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Human Resources Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131