The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is accepting letters of interest for
Two (2) “Housing Committee Members” for a 1-year term
• Applicants must have a genuine interest in housing and respect confidentiality in all aspects of Sioux Valley Housing Authority business.
• Applicants must be a registered member of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation, maintain a positive and healthy lifestyle and understand the Dakota culture, history, and language.
• Applicants must be a good standing tenant within SVDN lands.
- Attend housing committee meetings
- Making recommendations to Chief and Council
- Housing selections
The committee members are to attend all scheduled meetings. Those who are absent for more than 2 meetings without reason will be removed and a new committee will be selected. Applicants must be able to attend meetings online or in person. Applicants must be able to attend monthly meetings.
Recommendations to Chief and Council
All recommendations will be taken from the Housing Committee to Chief & Council for discussion. The Housing Policy recommendations will be taken to Chief, Council, and the legal representative for review.
The committee will be solely responsible for making housing selections in the community.
Letters of interest can be dropped off with reception on the main floor of the New Governance Building in Sioux Valley Dakota Nation.
The deadline to apply is January 23, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Selections for this committee will be made by Chief & Council. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.