Attention Parents, Guardians, and Students;Sioux Valley Education has now been notified that we will be re-opening January 31st, 2022 under plan 2B (See Attachment). We will be opening at a 50% capacity with a shortened school day. There are specific details under plan 2B which all parents/guardians should be aware of. Please read this thoroughly. Some specifics are for the Kindergarten to grade 6 site and some are for the grades 7 to 12 site. If you have children attending either location, please be aware that there may be some slight differences. All children designated in each home will have ONE specific colour designation for their day of attendance. Please see attached colour coded calendar. This calendar will also include your colour designation for every child in your home. Every child in the home will be attending school on the same day, right from Kindergarten to grade 12. Please expect our maintenance staff to be attending all student homes beginning on Wednesday, January 26th, to put up stickers and/or signs. All signs must be visible for bus drivers. Your coloured calendar will be placed in your mailbox. If you are a new student registering for this school year, please contact one of the school sites to get an assigned colour.Due to manageable numbers in Headstart/Nursery, we will be running as normal.We look forward to seeing all of our students. Sioux Valley Education Administration
Action Plan #2B
Sioux Valley Schools Plan #2. In-class learning (50% capacity) shortened school day for Headstart to Grade 12 with additional public health measures.
- In-class learning (shortened school day at 50% capacity on a rotating system) for Headstart to Grade 12
- The purpose of this plan is due to restrictions on student movement in schools. The physical distancing protocol grid system is fully utilized for elementary and middle years students.
- All underlined items are specific differences from Action Plan #2A.
Prior to School Day Beginning
- Bus drivers to sanitize busses, prior to student pick up, utilizing spray guns at bus compound. Coloured Flags will be changed daily to indicate the students assigned to the colour. Busses will only pick up students whose day it is to attend. This will be clearly displayed by the Flag colour.
- Busses pick up monitors at 9:00AM. Duties of a bus monitor will be to strictly enforce physical distancing and that all PPE is being worn, bus checklists, each student will be asked how they are feeling prior to boarding the bus, assist with exiting the bus, and entering the school.
- Local bus runs and Brandon bus runs continue to be separate as normal. Visible signs of assigned seating are displayed. All seating is assigned and followed according to bus safety protocol. See “Guidelines for Transportation to Schools” by the Pupil Transportation Unit of Manitoba attached. One student per household per seat or multiple students per household per seat.
- Students will only be picked up and dropped off at their designated homes that are colour assigned.
- Provincial student’s transportation will be separate. Details to follow.
- Utilize bus cameras for safety purposes
- Only students who are picked up by the bus in the AM will be permitted into the school. This is to ensure proper PPE is being worn and visual assessment is completed prior to entering the school system. If your child misses the bus, please keep your child at home.
- Once bus has unloaded, busses will report to the bus compound for sanitization.
- One bus will unload at a time following distancing protocols.
- All staff/students are aware of entrance and exit policies and follow the displayed signs. For example: floors are clearly marked with directions signs (See photo below)
- Students will report directly to their classroom.
- Only 50% of students will be scheduled each day.
- School days are shortened due to movement restrictions. The day will begin at 10:00 AM with a 2:00 PM dismissal. There will be a scheduled lunchtime/recess break. The student’s scheduled break will be staggered to limit numbers of students in areas.
- Easy to read/follow calendars will be provided with colours clearly indicated for each day. Students will be assigned a colour for their day of attendance. This calendar will be shared with the radio station and Facebook and will be announced daily. Families will be provided with a window display with the assigned colour. Households will be grouped together from Headstart to grade 12.
- Students will be in class one day and at home the next day. Students will be given homework for the day they remain home.
- Sectioning Supplies, protocols, and regulations in place to keep cohorts apart
- (E.Y.) Entrance to school will only be through the West doors. Exiting of school will be assigned for specific classrooms.
- Washroom breaks will be staggered per classroom and sanitized at the end of each classroom usage. Please encourage your child to use the washroom at home before coming to school.
- School breaks (recess and lunch) will be staggered to limit interactions between cohorts.
- One-on-one special education needs will take place in designated areas with all safety protocols in place.
- No lockers will be utilized. Students will take their supplies with them to their desks. All students’ belongings will be in their classrooms with them and will return home with them at the end of the day. This includes; indoor shoes, winter boots, etc.
- Lunch Protocol and Program
- No microwave food allowed
- Individually bagged lunches only from home. No drop off lunches will be accepted.
- Lunch program will only contain a bagged lunch of a sandwich, a fruit cup, and a bottle of water. The cost of a bagged lunch is $1.00. No trading of food will be permitted.
- (Grades 7 to 12) Student Lounge and Gym will be closed during lunch. Students will be assigned classroom lunch areas.
Exiting School / Bus
- Busses start departing at 1:50 PM with the last bus departing at 2:10 PM.
Staggered dismissals to limit numbers of students in areas.