Eagle’s Wings Flight School (EWFS) is a non-profit, volunteer-based community organization in
Portage la Prairie, MB. We aim to inspire youth to explore their innate gifts, build self-confidence,
and develop practical life-skills through aviation training.
Virtual Ground School:
• 4 sessions: May 26, June 2, June 9, July 7
• 7:30-8:30PM Thursday evenings
• Hosted via ZOOM
• Will require self-led study of ground school concepts
• Includes conversations with professionals from various trades within the aerospace sector.
• 12 consecutive days JULY 13 – 24, 2022 in Portage la Prairie
• 10 hours individual flight training includes takeoffs, landings, turns and emergency procedures
• 8 hrs aviation Ground School covering theory of flight, weather, engines, communications
• 8 hrs Cultural Connections Sessions led by DOCFS teaching on a range of topics including
history, spirituality, ceremonies and traditional practices.
• Accommodation in Portage and some meals provided by DOCFS. Chaperone required.
• EWFS has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy. Random testing will be performed.
• Maximum student weight: 250lbs. Maximum student height: 6’3”.
This application includes 3 parts, incomplete applications will not be considered. The program intake
will include a selection process, all applicants will be contacted.
PART ONE: Student Information (completed by the applicant themselves)
PART TWO: Introduction to Flight Q&A (completed by the applicant themselves)
PART THREE: Parent or Caregiver Information (completed by parent or caregiver)
For more info or to submit your completed application form please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ashleigh Cordery – EWFS Program Flight School)
DEADLINE: TUESDAY, MARCH 1st
To visit Eagle’s Wings website, click HERE
To download application form, click below