Attention Community Members:
Re: PANDEMIC PREPARDENESS NOTICE
Given the rise in COVID-19 positive cases across the province, Sioux Valley Dakota Nation issued a community lock down directive effective Thursday, November 12, 2020. At the Same time of this announcement, the entire province would move to CRITICAL RED under the Pandemic Response System.
Since this time, despite s slight improvement in the overall Provincial case number of COVID-19, nonessential travel remains discouraged for our community. This directive is provided out of concern for the safety and well-being of our Oyate.
To clarify travel restrictions issued to date:
- Travel north of the 53rd parallel is not permitted.
- Travel to communities that are not connected to the provincial highways system by year-round all-weather road (remote communities) is not permitted. For more information on other requirements and exemptions, please read the public health order or see the additional restrictions.
- Non-essential travel is strongly discouraged. Reduction in unnecessary out of province community exposure lessens the risk of disease transmission to our community. Exceptions exist for certain critical needs like health care, childcare arrangements and transporting important goods and services for SVDN.
- Fourteen days of self-isolation is required for people returning or coming to Sioux Valley Dakota Nation from all jurisdictions outside of the province.
- Individuals who travelled internationally must go into mandatory self-isolation (quarantine) for 14 days from the date of arrival to Manitoba.
Community spread of COVID-19 is not and there are significant strains on the health care system. Please do your part to keep everyone safe.
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Chief and Council.