Good day to all parents and guardians,
Please be aware Sioux Valley Education has now been informed the plan for the 2021-2022 school year is to go into Action Plan #1B. This is exciting news knowing that we will have all our students attending in person. Please see the details of Action Plan #1B below. Copies will also be available during registration dates, see below.
Some other things to note:
1) The start date for Kindergarten to Grade 12 is September 7th. The start date for Headstart is September 13th.
2) Registration Date is set for Thursday, August 19th from 10:00 until 3:00 at the Pow-Wow grounds during the Health Fair. Mrs. Corinne Harper and Ms. Joanne Chalmers will be on site with registration forms available. We strongly encourage all parents to attend fill out these forms. This will help with our planning processes.
3) Registration for Headstart/Nursery will be on September 2nd at the Headstart/Jordan’s Principle building.
4) Those who did not hand in technologies due to various reasons, this will be expected to be completed upon registration for your child for the next school year.
5) Staff start date is August 30th. Professional Development and school preparations will be underway during this week.
6) Provincial students watch for an update for student transportation as of September 7th. The start date is September 8th.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. Stay safe!
Sioux Valley Education Administration
Action Plan #1B
Sioux Valley Schools Plan #1. In-class learning resumes for all; near normal with restrictive public health measures.
• In-class full day (regular school hours) learning resumes for Headstart to grade 12 with restrictive public health measures in place.
• All underlined items are specific differences from Action Plan #1A.
Prior to School Day Beginning
• Bus drivers to sanitize all busses utilizing spray guns at bus compound prior to starting bus routes.
• Visible signs of assigned seating are displayed. All seating is assigned and followed according to bus safety protocol. See “Guidelines for Transportation to Schools” by the Pupil Transportation of Manitoba.
• Once bus has unloaded, busses will report to the bus compound for sanitization.
• Utilize bus cameras for safety purposes
• If your child is sick, keep your child at home.
• One bus will unload at a time promoting safety
• All personnel entering the building will have to go through the screening process. Anyone who doesn’t get through the screening process will be delivered home.
• All staff/students are aware of entrance and exit policies and follow the displayed signs.
• Students will report directly to their classroom.
• Sectioning Supplies, protocols, and regulations remain in place
o (E.Y.) Entrance to school will only be through the West doors. Exiting of school will be assigned for specific classrooms.
o Washroom breaks will be staggered per classroom and sanitized at the end of each classroom usage. Please encourage your child to use the washroom at home before coming to school.
o (E.Y) Recess times are staggered throughout the day.
o One-on-one special education needs will take place in designated areas with all safety protocols in place.
o No lockers will be utilized. Students will take their supplies with them to their desks. All students’ belongings will be in their classrooms with them and will return home with them at the end of the day. This includes; indoor shoes, winter boots, etc.
o (Kindergarten to grade 12) Gym and computer programs resume as normal
• Lunch Protocol and Program
o (E.Y.) Lunches can be brought in by students and/or purchased in school. No lunch drop offs will take place. No microwaves will be available for warm ups. Individually bagged lunches only from home.
o (Grades 7-12) Lunches can be brought in by students, dropped off by parents, and/or purchased in school. Microwaves will be available for warm ups.
o (E.Y.) Canteen and the Hot Lunch program will not be available. A bagged lunch will be available which contains a sandwich, a fruit cup, and a bottle of water. The cost of a bagged lunch is $1.00. Orders for these programs will have to be in by 10:30AM. The delivery of these orders will happen at 11:55AM. Only staff members will pick up/deliver these orders.
o ( Grades 7 to 12) Student Lounge is open during lunch. Gym will be closed during lunch. A classroom will be designated as a lunchroom.
Exiting School / Bus
• Busses are sanitized prior to student dismissal.
• Staggered dismissals to limit numbers of students in areas.