POSITION SUMMARY: The Primary responsibility of the heavy equipment operator will be to drive or control construction equipment, including bulldozers, forklifts, backhoes, dump trucks, cargo trucks, and hydraulic truck cranes. They will operate this equipment to assist in the construction of structures, including bridges, roads, and buildings.
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation’s operating safety policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Ensure SVDN equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner. Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
- Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation
- Experience in operation of heavy equipment is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to work as a team and able to maintain a cooperative working relationship with staff
- Valid Class 1 Manitoba drivers license would be an asset and reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of Dakota language an asset
SALARY BASED ON LICENSING AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY October 7 2021 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544