Income Assistance Services General Information
The Income Assistance Staff are pleased to provide some general information to assist and answer some of the questions that our clients ask most frequently. We have outlined some of the policies that determine eligibility for the Income Assistance Program
As per AANDC policy, we are required to verify eligibility criterion as per the application. This process may take 2-3 business days. There are a number of reasons for verifying each application. The following outlines some of the factors of this verification policy:
- You are required to list your assets and to submit your most recent bank statements (60 days) or your last year’s Income Tax summary.
- Two (2) pieces of copied identification must remain on file.
- Residency: You must continue to reside and be living on the Reserve.
- Eligibility: Whether the client and/or spouse are employed. Pay stubs must be submitted on a monthly basis to determine eligibility.
- All documentation must be provided at the time of the application for Social Assistance.
- In order to assess employed clients who may work casual, part-time, or full-time hours, each client is required to submit the most recent pay stub(s) to determine eligibility.
- A special needs client is required to apply for special needs item at the Social Services office as there may be documentation to sign.
- Assessments will be done as required for Income Assistance and special needs verification.
- Cheques will only be issued to the name that is on the cheque.
- Cheques are void for persons who are incarcerated.
Income Assistance and Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Governance
With Sioux Valley Dakota Nation transitioning into a self-governing Dakota Nation, Income Assistance will continue to follow the guidelines of AANDC policies and procedures.
If there are any changes to the Income Assistance guidelines, a committee will be developed to review and/or make changes. Once this committee has accomplished their goals, they will be dissolved.
“Securing our Rights for Future Generations”
If you have any questions regarding the Income Assistance Program, please contact our office at:
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Social Developemnt
P.O Box 38
Griswold MB R0M 0S0
Hours of Operation MONDAY : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM TUESDAY : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM WEDNESDAY: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM THURSDAY: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM FRIDAY: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM Closed for Lunch 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Income Assistance Office:
Phone: (204) 855-2592 or (204) 855-2617
Fax: (204) 855-2679