Re: Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
Moving into the 2022-2023 school year will be exciting with many aspects of the school system getting back to normal and enhanced in many ways.
Sioux Valley Education is seeking 5 members to sit on a Parental Advisory Committee (PAC) for the 2022-23 school year. To have a more in depth understanding of this role please see the terms of reference below.
Terms of reference:
1. Help all children understand the importance of school.
2. Teach the importance of RESPECT to all students whom you come in contact.
3. Open and maintain the line of communication between the school and home.
4. Show an interest in children’s work at school. i.e. Asking a child what they learned.
5. Support the school and its policies.
6. Promote school attendance.
7. Attend school functions as often as possible i.e. Open houses, report card pickup, awards assemblies,
8. Attend PAC meetings and notify Principal if I am unable to attend.
9. Help with school fundraisers or events.
10. Participate in school improvement activities
11. Discuss school plans with administration
12. Inform parents and community members of school activities
13. Promote community interest, understanding, and involvement in the education system in a positive manner
14. Advocate for quality education and well-being of children and youth
- Parent or Grandparent of a school aged child
- Up to date Criminal record check and Child abuse registry check
- Positive attitude with enthusiastic ideas!
Please submit letter of interest to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at one of the school secretaries by September 16, 2022